What Does Everybody Do For Fun?

You must register before you can post.

HomeForumsGeneral DiscussionsWhat Does Everybody Do For Fun?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
  • AgeProof
    Participant

This site seems to have a pretty diverse population, just from skimming through some of the article posts. What does everybody do to keep busy and healthy? I ride and train my horses 5 days per week and on the weekends we like to take off on our motorcycle or in the RV.
    Fortunately, I married a man who loves to travel as much as I do so we’ve slowly been seeing the country as time and finances allow. We’re both extremely health-conscious and watch what we eat as well as work out regularly.
    Since my work training horses is pretty intense, I really don’t need to work out much but I still enjoy a nice jog in the mornings. It helps clear my head and get me ready for the day.
    So what do you all do to stay healthy? Oh, I’m in my 50’s. :)

Theresa

Hi AgeProof! I’m in my 40’s and I used to ride, too. I miss it but due to an injury, I can’t do it anymore. Instead, I like to go kayaking, camping and to the beach. I do jog 3x weekly but I have to be careful because if I run too hard I’m miserable the next morning. Back injury. I do go to the gym and do low weight/high reps on the machines and I swim. That’s in addition to the outdoorsy stuff though. When I’m not writing, I’m outside riding my bike somewhere.

Thanks for the question – I’d like to get to know everybody on here. Anybody else?

katelynstein
    Participant

Hello! My name is Katelyn. I’m new here. I tried looking for a new member introduction thread but I just couldn’t find it so I choose this one for my very first contribution to the forum. I don’t know if you’ll consider working out fun but I just find it satisfying.

Barbarafletcher
    Participant

I like surfing.

MiaMilner
    Participant

I like hanging out and doing gossiping with friends.

neilamano
    Participant

Hi, I am new here as well and have been looking for newcomers introduction threads. Saw yours an thought I should just reply with a ‘hi’ to you and the other members on this thread.

I used to play lots of tennis till an bad ankle injury put an end to this. Now I swim as often as I could, in part because my 10 year old son absolutely adores the water.

I also run my own online business from home. Working from home can feel isolated. So I attend talks and community trade events where I have the opportunity to meet many folks and made friends.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.