Coconut Oil for Clear Skin

You must register before you can post.

HomeForumsSkin Care DiscussionsCoconut Oil for Clear Skin

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
  • Theresa

I’ve had problems for most of my life with extreme combination skin. The dry areas have been flaky, red and painful and the oily parts have always broken out and made my face look like a teenager. In fact, I probably have never had a completely clear complexion in my adult life.
    Recently, I had to do some research for a project and came across some information on coconut oil that intrigued me. Apparently, the type of fat that the oil is composed of makes it ideal for transporting fat soluble vitamins such as retinol and vitamins E and D through your skin barrier so that your body can actually use it.
    It’s also an antibacterial and antifungal so it doesn’t break you out and actually works to soften and hydrate your face while clearing up acne. I’ve started applying it to my face after my shower and I’m noticing a huge difference. My flaky spots are almost gone and so are my pimples. This stuff is awesome and I just had to share!

• This topic was modified 5 years, 4 months ago by  Theresa.

skindiva
    Participant

Coconut oil rocks! I’ll take your advice one step further and say that it’s an amazing product to use all over your body. I actually keep a small bowl of it in the bathroom and use it as my total body moisturizer after my shower. You smell great and your skin will be soft as silk.

Also, I had those little chicken bumps on the backs of my arms and they’ve gone away now, too. Not sure if there’s a connection but I can tell you that i had them most of my life.

I’ve hear rumors that it even has sunscreen properties but haven’t really explored that yet. But yeah, it’s awesome for clearing up your skin, even though the concept of using an oil to do sounds counter-intuitive.

shreyas24
    Participant

Not only Coconut oil but also few sun skin creams help a lot to overcome bacterial & fungal infections. In the same way natural home remedies also protect our skin from allergies. For example, Turmeric powder, Hibiscus flowers etc.

belljohn330
    Participant

Coconut oil is most useful ingredients for skin care. Its skin benefits include underlying epidermal tissue, dead skin cells, protecting us from sunburns and containing antiviral, antibacterial, anti-fungal and antioxidant properties. Read More

GranvilleEstevez
    Participant

Coconut oil is always beneficial.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.