A Good Exercise Program?

You must register before you can post.

HomeForumsDiet & Exercise DiscussionsA Good Exercise Program?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
  • Theresa

I’ve always carried an extra 10 pounds but wasn’t too upset about it because I could eat pretty much whatever I wanted without gaining any more extra lbs. Nor did I have to exercise much, though I’ve always been pretty active.

As we all can attest, that changes as we age and now I find myself carrying an extra 20 pounds. Still not a huge concern physically but I don’t feel good about myself and I don’t want to gain any more, so I’m looking for a good exercise program that I can do quickly. I’m thinking about doing High Intensity Interval Training and would like to get some opinions on it.

Has anybody ever participated in a HIIT program? If so, what kind of results did you get? Can’t wait to hear and I’ll report back on my experience as well.

brandysmom
    Participant

I’ve been doing high intensity interval training for the past year or so and the main benefit that I’ve noticed is that I get mostly the same lean muscle results in 30 minutes that it was taking me a couple of hours of regular training to get before I switched.

I do have to say though that I think that perhaps my endurance isn’t quite as good as it was before, maybe because I’m working in sprints instead of in longer durations? At any rate, for what I want, HIIT works well for me.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.