Six Steps to Hide Those Droopy Eyelids
Dull and Droopy to Bright and Beautiful!
Are your eyelids sagging and making you look old?
If so, blame years of squinting, pollution and just plain old aging.
What’s happening is that the collagen is breaking down and the fibers in your eyelid just aren’t as tight as they used to be, and your eyelids are drooping.
There are a few different ways that you can deal with this problem including surgical procedures, eye serums and simple makeup tricks.
It’s the latter, makeup tricks, that we’re going to discuss today. By the end of this article, you’re going to know how to use just a few common cosmetic products to make your eyes appear more open and younger!
What You’ll Need
There are only a few things that you’ll need to pull off this awesome eye-opening illusion. To make it easy for you, I’m including links to some really great products in case you don’t already have these products in your cosmetics bag.
- Creamy Eyeshadow Sticks in Smoky Colors (Browns or Greys) – Click here to find the best deals on Buxom’s Armed & Gorgeous Waterproof Smokey Eye Set – it’s great for this project.
- Eye Pencil in a shade just a bit darker than your brows. Use one that’s dry instead of creamy so that it doesn’t smudge. Click here to find the best deals on Wet N Wild Icon Brow and Eye Liner in Dark Brown – it’s inexpensive and has the right texture.
- Pearly Luminous Eye Shadow: Use silvery tones really pale skin or a peach or golden shade on medium to dark skin tones. Click here to find the best deals on Laura Mercier Baked Eye Colours – they’re shimmery and will work well for you in this situation.
- Luminous Purple Eyeshadow – You don’t have to use this but it’s nice for the color. Click here to find the best deals on NYX. This is a link to one of my personal favorites.
How Do You Do It?
Now that we’ve got everything that we need to hide those droopy eyelids, let’s get started.
- To begin, we’re going to define your browline. A pretty, defined brow that arches right above your iris when you’re looking straight ahead really works to open up the space in between your eye and your brow. Use light, feathery strokes.
- Next, line the inside rim of your lower lid with the same pencil that you just used to define your brow. We want to accentuate your eyes but not draw attention downward which will make the droop appear, well, droopier.
- With the creamy dark brown eyeshadow stick, make a triangle that starts with the wide part in the center of your lid, and the skinny part extending to the outer corner of your eyelid. Blend it upward into the crease.
- Apply a little dab of the pearlescent powder shadow into the corner of your eye. This brightens up your eye and makes it look more open.
- For a little bit of color (and some extra camouflage), glide the purple powder just over your lid.
- The final step to fixing the appearance of a droopy eyelid is to use your lashes to accentuate the shape of your eye. As an added step, curl them – this really helps with the wide-eyed illusion. Apply two good coats of mascara and you’re done!
Now you know how to make your droopy lids look younger and brighter in just a few simple steps that take practically no time at all. Enjoy the compliments that you’re going to be getting from coworkers and friends alike!
If you have any other good suggestions for improving the appearance of a droopy eye, or if you’ve tried this technique, please tell us about it in the comments section below!