Getting past the exercise barriers

You must register before you can post.

HomeForumsDiet & Exercise DiscussionsGetting past the exercise barriers

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
  • Pattyluvshealth
    Participant

Hello all,

I was wondering how you all get past your exercise barriers. I am a 60 year old woman and I find it hard to get in my daily goal of physical exercise when there are no recreation centers for miles around me. I feel as though taking walks outside can be monotonous and it’s hard for me to encourage myself to get out there. What do you guys do to break up the monotony? I understand that physical exercise can help prevent falls in the future and prevent chronic illnesses, but it’s hard for me to encourage myself. Thank you in advance for the replies!

Patti
    Participant

It’s a stop and start process with me. I’ve learned that if I try to do exercise I’m not in love with, I won’t continue it. I’ve found that shaking things up works best for me. I’ve started trying new things. I attended a fitness class last year blindly – never having heard of it. I LOVED it! It was the only class I can remember being excited to attend. It was called T-Tapp. It was the only class in our city. I was hooked and saw results. When the last class rolled around, our instructor (who I also loved), informed us that she was moving from the area and she wasn’t aware of anyone in the area certified to teach the class, so it wouldn’t be taught again.

I went online and discovered that there were DVDs available, so I bought them and do it at home. It’s not as fun as being in the class, but I still love the exercise. You can find it at https://www.t-tapp.com/. (I have no affilitation, nor am receiving compensation for promotion).

Other than the above, I found I get bored with walking, unless I’m in the trees or by water. So I choose to walk on the river trail not far from my home. I recently attended a water aerobics class that was offered at our local park’s pool.

Like I said, shake things up and be open to new ideas. Hope this helps!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.